For years, luxury spa products haven’t only come with a massive price tag, but they’ve been costly to the environment too. This is thanks to the use of some toxic ingredients in these products, which are flushed into our water systems, and to the once-off packaging that overwhelms the landfills. Our eco-friendly spa products, on the other hand, are kinder to the environment for a number of reasons, without ever compromising on exclusivity and opulence.
Why Choose Eco-Friendly Spa Products?
Many spa products are applied directly to your skin, which is incredibly absorbent. This means that a large proportion of the ingredients used to make your moisturisers, creams, oils and cleansers are going directly into the largest organ of the body. The potential long-term damage of these chemicals may include allergies, change of colour and texture of the skin, and even cancer.
These harmful ingredients that appear in so many spa products today include:
- Petroleum products
- Certain fragrances
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)
- Propylene Glycol
Are Indulgence Spa Products Eco-Friendly?
Indulgence is focused on exclusive quality and utter spoils. But, under this umbrella of opulence, we have ensured that our products are either environmentally-friendly or can be reused to contribute to a more responsible approach to beauty and less of a footprint. This is accomplished in various ways.
All of our candles are made using 100% natural FDA-approved soy wax, which doubles as a moisturiser or massage oil for the skin. The advantages of this wax are multi-faceted:
- Soy wax can be washed off clothing, skin and linen easily because it is water-soluble. This means that less harmful, harsh soap has to be used (and put into the drains).
- These candles are non-toxic when burning. Paraffin-wax candles have been shown to be damaging to the health, especially for those with asthma. They have also been linked to cancer.
- They are free of parabens, petroleum products, phthalates, GMO’s, colourants or boosters.
- Soy wax is completely biodegradable.
Creams and Body Products
All of our beautifully scented creams, soaps and scrubs are free of parabens, petroleum products, and phthalates. Rather, they have been formulated using natural and essential oils and botanicals for a product that is gloriously sensual.
The gorgeous gowns for which Indulgence Spa Products is renowned are considered to be environmentally-friendly too. This is because they last an incredible three times longer than high-end terry cloth robes, making them more sustainable. They also wash and dry quickly and easily, thanks to the light microfibre fabric. Especially for hotels and spas, this means less time and electricity spent on washing, tumble-drying and ironing your guests’ robes.
So often, spa products are packaged in plastics and papers that are damaging to the environment. Our packaging is more eco-friendly.
- The glass containers in which the candles, scrubs and creams are presented are completely and conveniently reusable.
- The organza bags can be reused for your own gifting or can be used to store jewellery, toys or knick-knacks.
- All of the tags are made from paper, which is biodegradable.